Volunteering with Dragon Claw is about being part of the group and having your say over an extended period of time not just a day. We have done everything to date with the help of member volunteers and corporate partners. Nobody gets paid but it is always fun no matter what part of the world you live.
Dragon Claw is a global site so we do very little with paper or in person. We are about reaching as many people as possible, as cheaply as possible hence our focus on Internet only activity. We need volunteers to grow the Dragon so to volunteer yourself consider these options:
- Join the Patient Advisory Committee (PAC) and focus exclusively on PR and patient issues.
- Be our eyes and ears on the ground in your location and help us identify opportunities.
- If your are in a corporate entity perhaps arrange a 'staff donation day' and we can assist you with material.
Go on! Be a volunteer and have a go as we need you.
To help you decide, the following is a list of just some of the volunteer opportunties:
- Write and publish our newsletter.
- Maintain the Announcements section of the website.
- Run our financial records.
- Prepare content for our social media operation.
- Write one page summary papers from provided research material.
- Help in our recruitment activities in each country.
- Organise a workplace fundraising event (see Donations section).
- Help with administration and mail outs.
Dragon Claw Mission
A not-for-profit challenging and providing solutions for chronic condition management in the community. For major chronic conditions, provide the tools and services that reduce isolation, improve mental health and family stability, increase workforce participation and reduce hospital presentations. Be the model of choice for Internet based disease self-management by being the best practice example of empowered patient centricity.
The concept behind Dragon Claw is radical in that it promotes patient centric self-care and attempts to provide coordinated care management. It does not provide medical advice.
Dragon Success Defined
- Reduce isolation
- Improve pain management
- Improve mental health outcomes
- Help people avoid unnecessary hospital admissions
- Provide patient advocacy
- Assist carers and families to cope
- Reach membership targets
What Makes Dragon Claw Credible
- We are independent
- Self funding
- Completed our pilot development stage (2015/16)
- Ten corporate supporters
- Advisory structure in place
- Governance body in place
- Globally recognised Patron
- New website release (2017)
- Not-for-profit legal entity with three directors
- Building our second smart software mobile application
- Members from all over the world. Free to join.
- Emerging social media presence